Snap-app is an experimental application to allow Grafana to function as a web-based frontend for The Snap Telemetry Framework.
- list Snap tasks running on a the Snap daemon
- start, stop, create and delete tasks
- list metrics available from plugins loaded into the Snap daemon
- Stream metrics using the "watch tasks" functionality, where the metrics collected are pushed to a Grafana panel in real time
The app currently includes a Snap datasource.
- To get started, you will first need to add a datsource of type "Snap DS".
- In the datasource settings, the URL should be the url of the Snap daemon API (eg. "http://localhost:8181/").
- Next, on an existing or new dashboard, add a graph panel.
- In the query editor ensure the "snap" datasource is being used.
- you can then select an existing task to watch, or create a new task.
- to create a new task, type the name of the task in the "task name" field
- select the metrics of interest from the "Metric" field, using the "+" button to add additional metrics
- on the "actions" line, click "Create" to create the new task.
- Click the "watch" button on the "actions" line to have metrics pushed to the panel in real time.